Are you ready for the unexpected?

August 20, 2018

Choose You This Day


“Thou shalt have no other gods before me!”

Yes, that’s me speaking. God. That’s my #1 law, yet it seems to he the one least noticed. You think you can serve and worship me plus all your other gods and it’s just fine. But it’s not. It’s either me or them. Which is it? You choose!

I give you that choice intentionally. Yes, it’s true, I love all mankind, but you must choose to receive it, to live in my love. When you choose to trust me, to love me exclusively, to surrender your heart and life to me, Wow! That’s when I pour out my love, my pleasure, my presence.

My good man, John the Apostle, wrote, “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us.”  Now that’s a fine way to say it. Even I like that. (Oh, I know I told him what to write, but hey, I still like it.) Love is what binds us together, tight, forever. We will spend eternity together.

I’m not asking for your unfailing obedience. Not demanding compliance to commands, demands, and expectations. My truth is intended to give you direction, not to hold you accountable. No need to hide from me, I’m not threatening to take you out behind the woodshed. So, when I say that I want your devotion, exclusively, you need to understand that I am asking you to surrender to my love… with all your heart, soul, mind, and actions. Are we clear? 

So, which is it?  Me or them?

“No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money” (Mt 6:24).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing a comment. Please make it encouraging, enlightening, and helpful. Bless others as God blesses his own.